Over the years, women have become more independent. Our country’s shocking divorce rate and the devastating stories of husbands and fathers who died because of illness, age or at the very hands of criminals have also left women to fend for themselves. The fact is that there are a lot of women in this crime ridden country, who live alone. By nature, Women are not as physically strong and big as their male counterparts making them easier targets.
Physical security barriers such as burglar bars in front of windows, or a Maxi-Ultra retractable gate for the front door and an expandable, SlamlockTM system InscapeTM, remains your last line of defense in the event of a home invasion, and should be your first items to install as part of your security system. There are a wide range of other additional recommended security solutions, such as home alarms linked to armed response units, electric fencing etc. In addition, here are other safety tips to consider:
- Get a proper no cost, obligation free, security assessment done. Maxidor sales consultants are security experts, not only with physical barriers, but alternative security systems as well. This enables you to know where your yard and home’s vulnerable points are and what you can do to secure these areas.
- Be part of your neighborhood watch or safety group and follow them on Facebook. These groups can be extremely helpful as an information tool because of frequent posts of suspicious activities and vehicles operating in your area.
- Get to know your neighbors. In the TV show “Who wants to be a Millionaire”, the contestants have the option to “phone a friend” for assistance. If you know your neighbors and have their contact details, they know you are alone and will be extra vigilant when it comes to your safety.
- Go for self-defence classes. If you know how to defend yourself against an attacker your vulnerability levels are lower. You will feel more confident and the skills you are taught will equip you with awareness and physical tactics.
- Consider getting a dog. It need not be a huge beast. Dogs are very loyal creatures. All you need is that extra scare tactic, that extra alarm warning and that extra ‘body’ to give you added protection.
Maxidor SA is dedicated to securing the residents of South Africa one Maxidor at a time. For a full FREE security assessment and an obligation free quote, contact our national number 0860131 131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org